So, apparently I am the super-duperest, most bestest blogger on the planet! Okay, that might be overdoing it just a little bit. Not much, but a little. Check it out though, there is a reason for my possibly inflated arrogance. I have been nominated by not just one, but two different bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award. unbelievable, isn’t it? Well, not really. I mean, I knew all along how super-duperiferous I am. Man am I funny!
In all seriousness though, I would like to very humbly thank both From Casinos to Castles and The Diary of Sugar and Spice for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award. I write this blog as a sort of record of my son growing up bi-lingual and to make my wife laugh, but it is pretty cool to see that other people enjoy it too. But that’s enough humbleness for now, let’s get on with it!
Here are the rules of the Versatile Blogger Award:
- Thank the person who gave you the award.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly (I don’t think I can get to 15!)
- Nominate those bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself
So, without further adieu, I would like to nominate the following bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
- Oh God, My Wife Is German
- Gesundheit, suze!
- Brit in Bavaria
- Thomas & Christina Goodwin
- Southeast Schnitzel
- Expat Mom
- Expat Since Birth
- The Diary of Sugar and Spice
- Ifs and Butts
- Casinos to Castles
- Wellies and Wickets
And finally, here are 7 things about myself. It is getting pretty hard by the way, to keep coming up with things about myself! (Maybe I will have to stop being so awesome!)
- I hate reality TV (thank goodness for movies and The History Channel)
- I prefer German cars over American cars
- I am a dog person, but I don’t have a dog (we do have a hamster though!)
- Conversationally I am very proficient in German, but I still can’t remember the articles (der, die, das)
- I started blogging to document my son’s bilingual upbringing, but now I also do it to make my wife laugh and for the enjoyment
- I have turned my wife into a bike lover!
- I am a walking contradiction. I love playing Playstation, but also love being outdoors
Thanks again to Casinos to Castles and Sugar and Spice, and also thank you to all of my followers and anybody else who takes the time to read my little blog!
9 thoughts on “They really like me! (Part III, The Versatile Blogger Award)”
I’m surprised she wasn’t already a bike lover – I feel like Germans have multiple bikes and adore it for both transport and sport!
Oh, and Vielen Dank for the award!
Thanks a lot for nominating my blog! And congratulations to your Versatile Blogger Award! I like your blog!
My husband loves German cars over American also. In fact he loves everything German over American. If it has “Made in Germany” stamped on it, it might as well be made of gold according to my husband. And didn’t you memorize the articles when you learned the words? I am “trying” to learn passable German right now and my teacher emphasized not learning anything with out der, die or das. I still mix them up though…
I hadn’t responded because I was finishing a post about that very thing, but I finally posted it today. It talks all about how much I love der, die and das!
You’re very welcome!