Since I started blogging I have seen a lot of different lists about Germany, some funny and some not so funny. Well today you have the distinct pleasure of reading my take on the situation. I cannot take credit for coming up with these myself though, most of them have been taken from another list in one form or another. Kind of my own “Best Of” list. Enjoy!
1. Ausfahrt isn’t funny anymore.
2. You appreciate when the car behind you or next to you gives you half an inch of space.
3. Two hours for dinner is “fast food.”
4. You judge mustard by how well it opens your sinuses.
5. Jumping across the border for the day is no big deal.
6. You no longer need Google Translate at the grocery store.
7. You think family pictures taken at a castle are so cliché.
8. You forgot how to use round doorknobs.
9. You forget how to flush a toilet that doesn’t have a push button.
10. Even 90 MPH seems really, really slow.
11. You no longer think it is strange that beer and water are the same price.
12. Even at home, you no longer put ice in your drinks.
13. You never go into a store without a shopping bag.
14. You NEVER shop the day before a German holiday.
15. You never let your front door close behind you without your keys in your pocket.
16. You wonder how you ever lived without Rolladens.
17. You answer the phone “Hallo.”
18. You need a power drill and sledgehammer to hang a picture on your wall.
19. You rig your lawnmower and vacuum cleaner to give you shocks if you try to use them on a Sunday.
20. You no longer even want ketchup for your fries.
21. Christmas is incomplete without Glühwein at a Weihnachtsmarkt
22. You sing Tchüss instead of saying good-bye.
23. You say Bitte and Danke to your English speaking friends.
24. You own shoes just for walking.
25. And, last but not least, you have muttered at least once “Dang Americans” when out in town.
3 thoughts on “25 Reasons You’ve Lived In Germany Too Long”
I think I’m progressing rapidly… 😉
But Ausfahrt will always be funny.